When creating your marketing campaign for an upcoming event, it can feel overwhelming. You want to make sure that people not only know about your event but also want to go. Here are nine tips to create a fantastic marketing campaign that will peak interest in your event.
- Create a Compelling Description– Clearly indicate the topic, time, place, and attendees. The description you share should include specific benefits for each type of attendee. Make it brief and informational. Use quotes or positive feedback from past events whenever possible.
- Produce Event Related Videos– Create simple video interviews of the speakers or vendors and post them on your event pages to gain excitement for your event.
- Heighten Social Media Activity– Of course your event needs social media! Choose an event hashtag that is short and unique for your event. Social media has a significant impact on opinions, so a trending hashtag is sure to grab attention. Facebook should have boosted content along with dark ads promoting your event. Platforms like Hootsuite can be used to keep all of your social platforms consistent. Share content such as when to register, who your speakers will be, or why guests should come to your event. Most importantly, make your page fun and informational
- Send Promotions on weekends– Consider sending event promotions on weekends. Emails on regular workdays might not be seen by the receiver and are often deleted before reading. When people receive emails on weekends, they often feel less stressed for time and are more willing to commit the time to learn about your event.
- Let the press know– There are likely journalists who cover local events. Find them by searching for similar events in news websites. Then graciously contact them with an invite, press badge or offer a relevant article. This could be an interview with a speaker or a guest.
- Promotion through attendees-You can use the help of people who are already planning to attend. If someone buys a ticket, give them an option to share the news with their friends on social media. You can also introduce specials and offers on purchase of group tickets.
- Promote Chief Guests-The special guests at your event also have a fan following of their own. Let people know they’ll be appearing. Inquire with special guests to do things like Facebook lives or interviews with media on your event.
- Get Feedback-If you have held previous events, gather feedback from attendees. Send out surveys to gather information to improve your next event. This is a perfect way to familiarize yourself with your audience and what they expect from the events you put on.
- Recap and Thank Attendees– Send out post-event information. Thank your attendees for taking the time to attend your event. Post event photos and be sure to tag and mention sponsors.
With these tips, you’re sure to have a fantastic campaign that will ramp up excitement about your event! PLAN ON!!